J. Bally 1966 Rhum Martinique
Named for Jaques Bally who purchased the Lajus Plantation in 1917 which was closed after the 1902 Mount Pelee eruption. After rebuilding the distillery virtually from scratch and acquiring the neighbouring Habitation Dariste whose equipment was incorporated into the restored Lajus, Jaques began to lay down his spirt in 1924.
J. Bally holds an important place in the history of French style rhum as he was one of the first to adopt the sophisticated principals of distillation and maturation that had long been established in Cognac.
In 1989, J. Bally was acquired by Remy Cointreau and the original site was closed, with production moved to Domain du Simon.
This is a 1966 vintage.