Angostura Oloroso Cask Collection No.1
The Angostura brand was originally concocted by Dr. Johann Siegert in 1875, in the Venezuelan town of the same name. Following his death, his sons took the product to Trinidad in 1875 and produced it for many years using rum bought in from local distilleries. This changed in 1947 when the company invested in the growing rum market by opening their own distillery, Trinidad Distillers. The distillery’s original set up was a single Savalle column still, however this was replaced with a five-column still in 1975, following investment from Bacardi who required more bulk rum. Two more of these multi-column stills were added in 1985 and 1999. Today it is one of the largest rum distilleries in the Caribbean, producing around 8.5 million litres per year.
A limited edition expression from the only remaining Trinidadian distillery, this rum was matured in American ex-bourbon casks and finished for 9 months in first fill Oloroso sherry casks.
One of 9600 bottles.